Today, I just wanted to edit a MP3 song, cut it short for my dance performance. After doing a lot of research, I found Mp3 Direct cut is a useful tool especially on windows platform for normal users (beginners in sound editing). It is simple, it will show you the song, you can select and delete the portion you do not want and at the end save the file. That’s so simple
Mp3DirectCut is a fast and extensive audio editor and recorder for compressed mp3. You can directly cut, copy, paste or change the volume with no need to decompress your files for audio editing. Using Cue sheets, pause detection or Auto cue you can easily divide long files.
These are some of the features of this program:
- Editing tools. As well as the classics editing tools, MP3DirectCut enables you to manage the gain level, create fade in/out, and normalize batch processing, among others
- Non-destructive editing functions. This means that if you do actions like copy, trim, crop or change part of the track, it will not affect the source audio file
- Useful and easy graphics. Enables visualization of the the bit rate and the timeline in the sound graph. You can make a quick MPEG visualization and work with precision on the wave
- Unicode supports. Unicode is a standard codification that enables text processing and includes track splitting with autocue or pause detection, as well as the generation or editing of ID3 type tags, specifically ID3v1.1, like filename or music genre.
- Some functionality. Mp3DirectCut enables fast MP3 recording with the encoder ACM or Lame, and supports AAC and MP3 formats
- It allows batch processing like the functions Save or Split.
- The display includes some playback options during the editing process, like Fast Play and Loop Play.
If you want know more about this software before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s website
Mp3DirectCut is a download ideal for those who want a free audio editor. A simple interface, easy-to-use but very useful, this software allows for non-destructive audio editing. Although it basically works with mp3 as a unique format, it has built-in tools for visualization, compression, encoding, recording, batch processing, among others, of your music or audio files.