YUI 2 Core:
- The YAHOO Global Object (base requirement for all YUI components)
- DOM Collection (convenience methods for DOM interactions)
- Event Utility (event normalization and custom events)
YUI 2 Utilities:
- Animation Utility
- Browser History Manager
- Connection Manager (for XHR/Ajax)
- Cookie Utility
- DataSource Utility
- Drag and Drop Utility
- Element Utility
- Get Utility (dynamic script/css loading)
- ImageLoader Utility
- JSON Utility
- Resize Utility
- Selector Utility
- Storage Utility
- SWFStore Utility
- SWF Utility
- StyleSheet Utility
- The YUI Loader Utility
YUI 2 Widgets:
- Color Picker
- Container (including Module, Overlay, Panel, Tooltip, Dialog, SimpleDialog)
- Layout Manager
- Progress Bar
- Rich Text Editor
- Remember that there are full user’s guides for each component here on the website. If you have any questions about a component as you play with the examples, check out the component’s user’s guide (by following any of the links along the left side of the page) or the searchable API documentation.
- YUI 2.8: Learning the Library from Packt provides an excellent introduction to YUI 2. Written by one of the most active members of the YUI community, it is an excellent reference for newcomers and experts alike.
- Articles: Check out “Writing Your First YUI Application,” an article designed to help you get up and running with YUI, and “Loading YUI: Seeds, Core, and Combo-handling,” an article that explores the three most common strategies for including YUI on the page.
- Start building. You can include YUI scripts and CSS from the YUI download (in the download’s
/builddirectory) or directly from Yahoo! servers. The YUI Loader Utility is a client-side loading package that can dynamically pull in YUI scripts as needed, whether from your servers or from ours. And the YUI Dependency Configurator is a great way to calculate an optimized list of script/css includes for your particular implementation.