Google maps are really cool, however at times when travelling through mountains its is difficult to get data connection and we might end up direction less. For the same reason, it is good to have a mobile app with offline google maps for back up navigation.
With this app, you might not required the stand alone GPS for basic navigation.
This app would make you feel at home with google maps as it is based on OpenStreetMaps api by google. you can add view points, things around you or around destination, you can add multiple way points which is not possible with current google maps mobile version. It also has a 3D rendering mechanism.
Andriod : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapfactor.navigator&hl=en
MapFactor Navigator is a free turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android phones and tablets using OpenStreetMaps data. Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when traveling. Map and app updates are FREE every month.
If you wish to get help or provide feedback please email email@example.com, we cannot support you on Google Play.
MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.
OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see http://www.openstreetmap.org
* intuitive voice navigation in different languages
* door to door route planning
* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
* overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen
GPS satellite navigation
* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
* day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving
* map rotates in driving direction, or north up
* find nearest points of interest
* full GB postcodes (1.8 million)
* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras